Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Struck

Last tuesday, Ash and I took a 2.5 block bike ride to the church on our single speeds.

We only made it two blocks.

At the intersection two blocks away, I got hit by a car turning right as we were crossing on the left side of the road in the crosswalk. I could see that the guy wasn't looking at me and going to turn anyway in time to 'set up' for the impact.

I tried to jump over the front of my bike onto his hood as my bike smashed into the front of his car. I landed on the hood and rolled off onto the road.

I was okay. My bike was hurt. The fork is bent, the rims are mostly oval.

The most disappointing thing is that I've spent the last year swapping parts to make my bike just how I want it and really, really, really good looking. All silver components, nice cranks, etc. The wheels were less than a month old, and already compromised for life. I was trying to build a nice, durable bike that would be good for life. Ha, jokes on me.

New rims and a fork should do it. But I'm really gonna miss having the matching frame and fork.

Anybody know a good frame painter?

1 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

Ouch lucky you are OK.