Sunday, April 6, 2008

A good ride


Yesterday afternoon I had a great ride. I started out at the old race course and did a couple of laps. I wasn't going to go long and felt really spent. But I decided to take the water pipe service road (Great Western Trail) and cruise back on the parkway trail from Bridal Veil. But then I saw that the Shoreline trail on the south side of the canyon was dry. So I rode that too. Up top there was some snow and mud, but I made it all the way down to the Indian Road trailhead. It didn't seem that there were any bike tracks at the top flat part of the trail. But there were horse and/or hiking tracks that had dried, making the trail incredibly not-smooth and miserable to ride. All in all it was a lot of climbing, and some quick descents. It was great earning my turns, and th 29er is really amazing. It climbs a lot better than my 35 lb. dualie, and descends almost as good. I changed the fork's travel to 100mm, and really love it. It makes the descents so smooth!

0 comments: