Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sam Hill



Sam Hill is fast. If'n you didn't know. At the 2008 World Championships, he was up 6.5 seconds on the current leader (who ended up 2nd overall), before that crash. 6.5 seconds is an eternity in a DH race. He recovered and still finished 3rd, just a bit more than 3 seconds behind. That is pretty incredible. 9 seconds is a lot of time to lose (it was the difference between 1st and 9th at this race) in a downhill race that is a little longer than 3 minutes.

That is kinda how my LSAT went. REALLY, REALLY WELL. Like I was flying over that rocky crap, just like Sam did. But I did have one bigger mistake. On my reading section, I missed 5 questions in a row. All on the same passage. (There are 4 passages in a reading section, 5-7 questions per passage) To draw an even bigger parallel, it was (I thought) a pretty easy passage. About some Japanese artist who was influenced by some American architect. Just like that easy turn at the bottom of the world's DH.

The difference? I'm no Sam Hill, and I was a rookie LSAT taker. Not the previous world champion. A 3rd at world's? I'll take it, and be darn happy with it. But it does make me wonder...

1 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

Definately a rigid single course.