Thursday, January 7, 2010

Squaw


I haven't ridden a bike since Friday, I really messed my back up racing BMX and could barely move Saturday or Sunday. I started feeling more normal on Tuesday and today Dan and I went for a ride. I had heard that Squaw Peak road was rideable, and I thought it would be super great to get back on my mountain bike. Squaw Peak road is my favorite road ride too so it was a good mix.

The road was packed down enough from snowmobilers and the rain yesterday that it was actually pretty easy going the whole way up, I only had to walk about 10 feet total.That is the air quality that the meterologists are calling "clean" and "clear" today. Uhhh...
Coming down was a blast. Loose/slippery enough to be sketchy, but soft enough to "feel fast" but be slow enough that hardly any braking was needed. (Which is good, coz Shimano brakes suck* in the cold.)

All in all, it was a great ride and great to get out on the mountain bike. Here's to making out again tomorrow!


*Shimano claims that their brakes are designed to perform well above 40°F. Which means that they are basically useless for 5 months of the year. No modulation, obnoxious squealing, loss of power, and pumping up were the symptoms I experienced.

0 comments: