Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Best Ride Ever.

I got 80 minutes on the bike last week (Not including the Thursday Night Race - 2:20 total) So to make up for that, I did this:

I've ridden Hobble Creek a lot over the last few years. I've always gone up Left Fork because that's where everyone rode when I started. Right Fork is a lot better. Nice road, no houses, much more serene. About 9 miles from the bottom of the canyon the road turns to dirt, and turns up. Pat told me I could take this road all the way to Diamond Fork, and he was right. Awesome ride. The dirt section is 7.75 miles long, and the road is so smooth right now that it didn't even phase my ultralight road tires. It's about 3.5 miles up at 8-10% and the rest is downhill. Then it hits Diamond Fork road for 15 miles of smooth fun descending. Get on Highway 6 for 5 miles and it's 13 miles back to Provo. Check the stats below: Laps 2,3, and 4 were on the dirt. Suh-weet.



Cascade from the backside


Pretty up there


Smooth dirt road


It was muddy like this for about 50 yards at the top. The mud was dry enough that it didn't pack up on the bike.

Even found some red rock back there. It's called Red Ledges.


1 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

You need to come ride your mountain bike in Diamond Fork. Looks like you had a good ride. I never thought of riding my road bike along that dirt stretch to loop it before.