Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wednesday Night Worlds

So, I used to run in high school and stuff. I was decent. I ran cross country in the fall and track in the spring. I was competitive in CC but track was where I came alive. I was much better (relative to others) at the 800m and 1600m than I was at a 3000m CC race.

That said, I'm kind of the same way on the bike. Which is why Wednesday Night Worlds is the greatest race series ever. The races are never over an hour, and that's a lot shorter than an hour and a half, or two hours, or six, or twelve...

The courses are sweet too: Soldier Hollow is a fast, relatively flat course that you rarely need brakes on. At Sundance you're always going up or down, and the it's a good mix of quick and technical.
I first started racing bikes at this series clear back in 2001, I was like 17 or so. Venues and organizers have changed but the racing is always fast, furious, and fun. This has to be the most relaxed racing scene ever. Also, racing is cheap, and you almost always get more out of the raffle than your entry fee. For more info check out www.weeklyraceseries.com

If YOU come, Dan might even break out his old Nike sweatshirt...

2 comments:

Dan said...

I'm totally wearing the sweatshirt this week.

Kyle said...

I'm not going to be there this week...hopefully I'll get to see it again this year!