Monday, June 14, 2010

Dilemma

The Deer Valley ICUP race got rescheduled for this Wednesday evening at six. Which is great, racing on Saturday would have been miserable. There is only one problem, there's another race Wednesday. And it's weekday worlds. And now I don't know which one to go to. There are a few pros and cons for each race. At the ICUP race I get to race in the single speed category, which means I don't get dropped on the downhills as much, since we all have to coast. It's at a course we only get to race once a year. And, it's like all prestigious, or something. The weekday race has it's advantages too. It's at Soldier Hollow this week, a course that tends to suit me. It's low key and fun, and even if someone crashes into you and messes up your race, it's "just a Wednesday nighter." It's also a lot cheaper. Like 30 bucks. On top of that, Mark declared it double points week to try and attract us it over the ICUP. Not that it matters, since I'll miss the second half of the season anyway, but I'm doing pretty well in points, which is kind of cool. Missing it would drop my pointage by quite a bit. Big deal right?

So, I'm like 50/50 right now. Which would you do? Which are you doing?

1 comments:

Rick Sunderlage said...

Hard decision. I think the weekly races are much cooler, better prizes, cheaper entry fees, etc.. but the ICUP has some pretty cool courses. Especially the DV downhill. I'll be at the ICUP unless I'm not feeling fast that day. Then I'll just go eat.