Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One Month of Commuting by Bike.

I came in just under my goal of 200 miles in August. I know, I know, 200 miles isn't that much, but I wanted to do it all commuting. I got in about 195 this month. Pretty good, considering that school didn't start until the middle of the month. My commute to school is just over 10 miles round trip.



I can also ride around Tempe Lake to get a few more miles in if I have the time. Over the summer I was putting in about 25 hours a month on the saddle, not including my 5 minute ride to the shop everyday. Getting half that in without even making an effort to go on a ride is pretty nice. And riding a bike sure beats finding parking and a long walk.

The bad part is I've been riding my heaviest bike - a steel single speed Lemond - about 5 pounds heavier than my mountain bike. I haven't even sat on my mountain bike this month. We're going to fix that this weekend though...

0 comments: