Thursday, August 26, 2010

Update

So, it's been almost a month since we moved to Arizona. Doesn't seem like it, but it has. Not much action on the biking side, although I have put a bunch of commuting miles in. I went out on the road bike once on the hottest, flattest ride ever, only 200 feet of elevation in 25 miles. Plus I broke a spoke, although I have no idea how. No mountain bike rides yet, but we are headed up to explore Sedona over Labor Day Weekend. It's gotten cooler this week, which means it's been in the low hundreds instead of the low 110s.


I got caught up in a monsoon storm the other night just as I started my ride home. Thank goodness for a waterproof Chrome messenger bag. Everything inside stayed nice and dry. Everything else was soaked. It was fun riding in rain that wasn't cold though. Fun to be soaking wet, being able to splash in puddles knowing they weren't freezing and stuff. Skid through wet corners and stuff, ya know.

I think the rain hit home: it's been way too long since I've been on dirt.

1 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

Wait until one of those storms puts down a enough water to make rivers out of the roads. My brother's car became a boat one night driving home.