Tuesday, November 10, 2009

6:18

I ran a 6:18 mile yesterday. Wow, that's only 2 minutes of my best. I was actually trying to run 7:30s but my splits were obviously way off. I use the digital clock at the indoor track to time myself, and I just wanted every lap to be x:10, x:40, x:10, etc. 90 second laps, 5 laps per mile, 7:30 mile pace right? Easy enough. Well my laps started being at x:27 and stuff that I couldn't figure out in my head. Afterwards I settled into a 7:30 pace and it was a lot easier.

So...maybe I'll start running more than once a week. Maybe I'll get to where running doesn't feel like taking a jackhammer to my poor cycling legs. Maybe I'll try to go under 5:00. But that might be silly. And really, a sub 5 minute mile? Really doesn't seem that fast. And having to work for something that doesn't seem fast? Seems crazy. Maybe I'll try to run under 4:40. Now that's just insane.

1 comments:

Dan said...

run whitey run! First one to break 5:00 wins