Sunday, November 15, 2009

R.A.T. or not

Dan and I were going to ride around timp on Friday. Mother Nature had other plans. So we smoked the pipe instead. Dan and Aaron have got me hooked on that thing. Doing it in the snow is fun too.

We headed up Betty and it was slow going. The mud made it slippery and pretty hard to keep traction. Miraculously, I can run 18 psi nowadays and never bottom out. I don't know why I had to run 25ish on the superfly but can run less on a rigid bike. Weird. Anyway, the low tire pressure helped out. After grinding our way up to the rock pile, we cruised over to dry canyon.

We thought it might be dry over there. Nope. It was muddy there too. It was one of the funnest descents ever though. BonnyShorline was drier.

Last time I was out Brandon mentioned that Dry was a descent where it helped to know the trail (I've now done it 6 times - 2 at night). I'm getting faster through that section. Shoreline I can rip on coz I've ridden it for almost 10 years, It was the first (and only) singletrack I rode besides racing until 2005. So I know it pretty well.

All in all, the snow ride was a good ride, albeit about 4.5 hours shorter than we planned. Dan was nice enough to rinse my bike off for me, it was muddy. Thanks Dan.


At the rock pile. Stolen from facebook.

2 comments:

Dan said...

You are welcome for the bike rinse and for the picture. You are free to steal pictures any time you want. And if you want full big versions of the pictures, I can email them too you. Awesome ride, by the way. Tons of fun.

South County Ciclista said...

Riding at lunch today. 11:45.