Wednesday, January 30, 2008

17 inches

The way it's been snowing I was dying to ride today. Luckily it snowed enough that Ash got school off since the canyon was closed all morning. After class I hit up Sundance and had amazing boarding all afternoon. 17 inches of fresh pow-pow changes the entire face of sundance. What's more, is the high winds kept blowing the snow over into bishop's bowl, making for fresh tracks almost every ride. The highlight was cruising down Bishop's with the sun to my back, watching my shadow disappear as every curve sent 50 foot dust trails behind me. Amazing, picturesque day up at Sundance. Knee to thigh deep powder won't make me complain.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle.
"Dying to ride"???? And you were referring to boarding? Take it back.

Dan said...

27 minutes or so. It's not super accurate cause it counts the flat warm-up into the ride. So the hill was really less than 3 miles