Friday, January 18, 2008

Bagels and Slim Fast

Now if that doesn't sound appetizing I don't know what does. How did I ever discover this delicious combination? It all started in 2006 at the Utah Summer Games Stage Race. My best cycling friend, Dan, and I headed down there for a great time. Anyway, after the hillclimb Thursday night we went for some food. We were camping so we decided to get some bagels for breakfast. Then one of us came up with the great idea of getting slim fast for some extra calories. Well, it worked. That next day we traded off wins and second place finishes in the crit and time trial (And yes, I outsprinted Daniel Nelson! I will never forget this moment since it was the first time it ever happened and the last time it ever will). However, Dan puked at the TT while eating a bagel. Gross. Next day at the road race both of us bonked. Slim Fast is gross.

Anyway, fast forward to 2007 12 hours of sundance. When we were registering a couple weeks before the race, I joked "I'll bring the slim fast" The joke was on us, because by the end of the race, most of the slim fast was gone. In fact, a case minus one can of slim fast was gone. No wonder I felt sick the entire day.

Well this morning, as I was running late for class, I realized I was starving coz I had only eaten a bagel for breakfast. I wouldn't have panicked but we were doing group work and I didn't want to be the hungry group grouch. I saw the one remaining can on the fridge and guzzled it down. Now I don't feel good. Slim Fast is gross. Very gross. And it doesn't get you skinnier, especially when you supplement your diet with it. Just don't buy it. Avoid those old tin can shakes!

Yuck.

1 comments:

Human Microbiome Search Engine said...

I'm just starting on a Slim-Fast diet. I'm hoping it will work for me, but I found your comments interesting.